December 15 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$5.00
The Maryland Legislative Summit is in it’s third year! Join us and learn about the most exciting legislation for 2020!
- Education – Kirwan Commission recommendations and the upcoming school funding fight
- Environment – The Maryland Climate Solution and how it affects Transportation, Housing and Agriculture as well as Energy
- Elections – Election Security; Campaign Finance; Ranked Choice Voting
- Social Justice – the Trust Act; the Redeem Act; Bail Reform; Renter’s Rights; Women’s Rights; LGBTQ Rights; Disability Rights; Decriminalization of Poverty
- Health Care – Single Payer Health Care; Prescription Drug legislation; Family Leave
- Gun Control – 3D guns; Long Guns; Handgun Advisory Board
…and much, much more.
This is THE event of the year for you to learn how to make a difference in Maryland state legislation!
The Summit will be held at the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) in Catonsville from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on December 15th.
You will learn so much at this exciting and informative event and you will also be able to spend time with activists from Maryland NOW, Strong Schools Maryland, Maryland State Education Association, Sierra Club, CCAN, League of Conservation Voters, League of Women Voters, NARAL Pro Choice, ACLU, CASA, NAACP, and many other groups.
Come spend a day learning about what is happening in Maryland and how you can be the catalyst for making it a better place to live and work!